San Francisco News
12-year-old girl hit by car in SF's Bayview District
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A 12-year-old girl is expected to survive after being hit by a car in San Francisco's Bayview District Sunday afternoon.
Officers responded to reports of an incident at Third Street and Gilman Avenue at about 1 p.m., San Francisco police Sgt. Danielle Newman said.
Police say the girl, who was hit by a minivan, was taken to San Francisco General Hospital where she was treated for multiple injuries.
Investigators are trying to determine if the driver or the girl was at fault for the accident.
Anyone with information is encouraged to call San Francisco police homicide investigators at (415) 553-1145 or the anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444.
(Bay City News contributed to this report)
bayview hunters point, pedestrian struck, children, SFPD, san francisco news
- Child thrown from apartment fire in Hayward 12 min ago
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Two injured in two-alarm fire in San Jose 16 min ago
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos