San Francisco News
78-year-old bicyclist killed by Muni bus identified
SAN FRANCISCO -- A 78-year-old bicyclist who was killed Friday in a crash with a San Francisco Municipal Railway bus has been identified as Cheng Jin Lai, according to the medical examiner's office.
Lai, a San Francisco resident, was hit by an outbound 27-Bryant bus that was turning onto Bryant Street near 11th Street around 8:40 a.m. Friday, Muni spokesman Paul Rose said.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Around three dozen passengers aboard the bus were not injured.
The operator was placed on non-driving status and tested for drugs and alcohol, as is normal procedure in accidents, Rose said.
soma, muni, transportation, crash, bikes, san francisco news
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos