San Francisco News
78-year-old bicyclist killed by Muni bus identified
SAN FRANCISCO -- A 78-year-old bicyclist who was killed Friday in a crash with a San Francisco Municipal Railway bus has been identified as Cheng Jin Lai, according to the medical examiner's office.
Lai, a San Francisco resident, was hit by an outbound 27-Bryant bus that was turning onto Bryant Street near 11th Street around 8:40 a.m. Friday, Muni spokesman Paul Rose said.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Around three dozen passengers aboard the bus were not injured.
The operator was placed on non-driving status and tested for drugs and alcohol, as is normal procedure in accidents, Rose said.
soma, muni, transportation, crash, bikes, san francisco news
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal 25 min ago
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday