San Francisco News
San Francisco park worker's son arrested for hit-and-run
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The son of a city gardener accused of running over a woman in a San Francisco park has been arrested for leaving the scene of a collision with a bicyclist. Prosecutors have yet to decide whether to pursue the case, but 19-year-old Jonathan Burnoski was booked by police, on a hit-and-run charge.
Police said the hit and run incident happened Wednesday afternoon in the Outer Mission shortly after Burnoski left the courtroom where his father was being arraigned.
Investigators say the 19-year-old hit a bicyclist as he was making a right turn. That person was not badly injured. Burnoski lives about a mile from where the accident occurred. He was followed by a witness who then called police. He was arrested for hit and run and booked into the county jail.
Thursday afternoon, the district attorney's office was waiting to interview a witness to decide if they were going to file charges against Burnoski.
In court Wednesday, his father Thomas Burnoski, a gardener for the San Francisco Recreation and Parks Department, pleaded not guilty to running over a woman with his truck at Holly Park in the Bernal Heights neighborhood. Christy Svanemyr died from her wounds.
Thomas Burnoski's entire family and friends were there in court to show their support.
Burnoski is out on bail. His family did not return a call for comment.
hit and run, crime, crash, mission district, san francisco news, lyanne melendez
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case