San Francisco News
San Francisco park worker's son arrested for hit-and-run
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The son of a city gardener accused of running over a woman in a San Francisco park has been arrested for leaving the scene of a collision with a bicyclist. Prosecutors have yet to decide whether to pursue the case, but 19-year-old Jonathan Burnoski was booked by police, on a hit-and-run charge.
Police said the hit and run incident happened Wednesday afternoon in the Outer Mission shortly after Burnoski left the courtroom where his father was being arraigned.
Investigators say the 19-year-old hit a bicyclist as he was making a right turn. That person was not badly injured. Burnoski lives about a mile from where the accident occurred. He was followed by a witness who then called police. He was arrested for hit and run and booked into the county jail.
Thursday afternoon, the district attorney's office was waiting to interview a witness to decide if they were going to file charges against Burnoski.
In court Wednesday, his father Thomas Burnoski, a gardener for the San Francisco Recreation and Parks Department, pleaded not guilty to running over a woman with his truck at Holly Park in the Bernal Heights neighborhood. Christy Svanemyr died from her wounds.
Thomas Burnoski's entire family and friends were there in court to show their support.
Burnoski is out on bail. His family did not return a call for comment.
hit and run, crime, crash, mission district, san francisco news, lyanne melendez
- Mega Millions winning ticket sold in San Jose
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- Results of Consumer Reports car reliability survey 3 min ago
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday