San Francisco News
Police activity near Union Square in San Francisco resolved
SAN FRANCISCO -- Police activity that blocked traffic near Union Square in San Francisco has been resolved and traffic is returning to normal, according to according to the San Francisco Department of Emergency Management.
In a post on the department's official Twitter page a short time before noon, SFDEM advised motorists and pedestrians to avoid the area of Stockton and Ellis streets due to unspecified police activity.
According to information on the same Twitter page, that activity had wrapped up as of 12:30 p.m.
crime, suspicious package, san francisco news
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Antioch man arrested after wild, high-speed chase
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- NKorea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle as a traitor
- Budget approved but no peace: Boehner raps right
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- UN inspectors confirm Syria chemical attack
- 'SNL' plans to add black female cast member 16 min ago
- NYC college student dies during fraternity ritual
- Cal Poly finds frat party didn't violate policies
- FCC considers lifting ban on in-flight cellphone use
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: Copper wiring theft; "Shop With a Cop"
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday