San Francisco News
Police activity near Union Square in San Francisco resolved
SAN FRANCISCO -- Police activity that blocked traffic near Union Square in San Francisco has been resolved and traffic is returning to normal, according to according to the San Francisco Department of Emergency Management.
In a post on the department's official Twitter page a short time before noon, SFDEM advised motorists and pedestrians to avoid the area of Stockton and Ellis streets due to unspecified police activity.
According to information on the same Twitter page, that activity had wrapped up as of 12:30 p.m.
crime, suspicious package, san francisco news
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- Female pedestrian fatally struck in Concord 53 min ago
- Marijuana grow found at San Jose house fire 14 min ago
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos