San Francisco News
Crews contain fire near SF's Laguna Honda Reservoir
SAN FRANCISCO -- A fire that lit up a large grassy area near San Francisco's Laguna Honda Reservoir Saturday morning has been contained.
According to San Francisco fire Lt. Robert Lopez, the blaze was reported around 9:50 a.m. near the intersection of Clarendon Avenue and Laguna Honda Boulevard. That's next to Laguna Honda Hospital.
Lopez says firefighters attacked the flames and were able to contain the fire around 10:50 a.m.
Crews will remain on scene to check for smoldering spots.
No structures or vehicles were damaged in the fire. One firefighter sustained minor injuries.
The cause of the blaze has not been determined.
(ABC7 News contributed to this report)
fire, brush fire, sffd, san francisco news
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations 32 min ago
- Bail for suspect in PS4 robbery in SF set at $5M
- Bay Area braces for chilly weather as cold snap hits
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO 56 min ago
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting
- 3 Good Samaritans honored for Alameda water rescue
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- Sketch released of suspect in violent robberies
- Autopsy: Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- New chair lets users decide the temperature
- Local startup iHear to offer hearing aids online 47 min ago
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: SF shooting; Milpitas possible kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
56 min ago