San Francisco News
One man hurt in shooting in SF's Mission District
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man was injured in a shooting in San Francisco's Mission District early Saturday morning, police said.
Officers responded around 1 a.m. to reports of shots fired in the area of Valencia Street and Duboce Avenue, San Francisco police Sgt. Danielle Newman said.
No victims or shell casings were found at the scene, but police got a call about 35 minutes later about a gunshot victim at San Francisco General Hospital, she said.
The victim, who was treated for gunshot wounds to the arm and leg, told officers that he saw a fight start and was shot by stray bullets. A passerby drove the man to the hospital.
Newman said the victim refused to provide further information and no suspects have been identified or located.
The sergeant said police are investigating whether the shooting was gang-related.
mission district, shooting, crime, guns, violence, san francisco news
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- San Francisco officer injured in crash after pursuit
- Confirmed death toll in ferry disaster climbs to 36 42 min ago
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Crews search for person after boat accident in Brentwood 8 min ago
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland 21 min ago
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Brother of man killed by drunk driver throws first pitch 55 min ago
- Young Oakland woman dies at Coachella music fest
- Scratch lotto ticket bought in Milpitas worth $1.3M
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage 42 min ago
- Brentwood police investigate armed robbery spree
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Confirmed death toll in ferry disaster...
42 min ago