San Francisco News
SF Police ask for help in finding missing City College student
SAN FRANCISCO -- San Francisco police are asking for the public's help in finding a 20-year-old man who went missing after heading to class at City College last week.
Derrick Shao was last seen at about 10 a.m. Thursday in the 900 block of Ingerson Avenue in the city's Bayview District. He was heading out to catch the 29-Sunset Muni bus to the school, according to police.
However, Shao never arrived at City College and has not been in contact with family or friends since then, police said.
He is described as Asian, about 5 feet 10 inches tall and 185 pounds, with brown eyes and black hair. He was last seen wearing black-rimmed glasses, a dark blue North Face pullover jacket, dark jeans, and red, black and white Nike shoes, police said. He was carrying a black JanSport backpack.
Shao, who speaks English and Cantonese, lives with his family and does not have a history of going missing, according to police.
Anyone with information about Shao's whereabouts is asked to call the Police Department's operations center at (415) 553-1071 or the Bayview Station at (415) 671-2300.
missing person, SFPD, san francisco news
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District 59 min ago
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports 32 min ago
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens 32 min ago
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring 31 min ago
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at... 39 min ago
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
59 min ago
- Should you be concerned about living on the...
48 min ago
- 'Science cheerleaders' send experiment into...
53 min ago