San Francisco News
SF Police ask for help in finding missing City College student
SAN FRANCISCO -- San Francisco police are asking for the public's help in finding a 20-year-old man who went missing after heading to class at City College last week.
Derrick Shao was last seen at about 10 a.m. Thursday in the 900 block of Ingerson Avenue in the city's Bayview District. He was heading out to catch the 29-Sunset Muni bus to the school, according to police.
However, Shao never arrived at City College and has not been in contact with family or friends since then, police said.
He is described as Asian, about 5 feet 10 inches tall and 185 pounds, with brown eyes and black hair. He was last seen wearing black-rimmed glasses, a dark blue North Face pullover jacket, dark jeans, and red, black and white Nike shoes, police said. He was carrying a black JanSport backpack.
Shao, who speaks English and Cantonese, lives with his family and does not have a history of going missing, according to police.
Anyone with information about Shao's whereabouts is asked to call the Police Department's operations center at (415) 553-1071 or the Bayview Station at (415) 671-2300.
missing person, SFPD, san francisco news
- SF firefighters continue to monitor 5-alarm fire
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos