San Francisco News
SF Police ask for help in finding missing City College student
SAN FRANCISCO -- San Francisco police are asking for the public's help in finding a 20-year-old man who went missing after heading to class at City College last week.
Derrick Shao was last seen at about 10 a.m. Thursday in the 900 block of Ingerson Avenue in the city's Bayview District. He was heading out to catch the 29-Sunset Muni bus to the school, according to police.
However, Shao never arrived at City College and has not been in contact with family or friends since then, police said.
He is described as Asian, about 5 feet 10 inches tall and 185 pounds, with brown eyes and black hair. He was last seen wearing black-rimmed glasses, a dark blue North Face pullover jacket, dark jeans, and red, black and white Nike shoes, police said. He was carrying a black JanSport backpack.
Shao, who speaks English and Cantonese, lives with his family and does not have a history of going missing, according to police.
Anyone with information about Shao's whereabouts is asked to call the Police Department's operations center at (415) 553-1071 or the Bayview Station at (415) 671-2300.
missing person, SFPD, san francisco news
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer shooting 36 min ago
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880 18 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer...
36 min ago
- Object spotted may be part of missing...
46 min ago