San Francisco News
SF Police ask for help in finding missing City College student
SAN FRANCISCO -- San Francisco police are asking for the public's help in finding a 20-year-old man who went missing after heading to class at City College last week.
Derrick Shao was last seen at about 10 a.m. Thursday in the 900 block of Ingerson Avenue in the city's Bayview District. He was heading out to catch the 29-Sunset Muni bus to the school, according to police.
However, Shao never arrived at City College and has not been in contact with family or friends since then, police said.
He is described as Asian, about 5 feet 10 inches tall and 185 pounds, with brown eyes and black hair. He was last seen wearing black-rimmed glasses, a dark blue North Face pullover jacket, dark jeans, and red, black and white Nike shoes, police said. He was carrying a black JanSport backpack.
Shao, who speaks English and Cantonese, lives with his family and does not have a history of going missing, according to police.
Anyone with information about Shao's whereabouts is asked to call the Police Department's operations center at (415) 553-1071 or the Bayview Station at (415) 671-2300.
missing person, SFPD, san francisco news
- Police make arrest in Daly City shooting
- Relative talks about stowaway teen's struggles
- Stanford patient denied liver due to medical marijuana
- Oakland A's reject 10-year Coliseum lease offer
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Apple increases stock buyback, will split stock
- State senators get ethics training after scandals
- Prosecutors lay out evidence against Supervisor Carrillo
- Man punches neighbor whose house caught on fire
- Tentative deal reached in TSA breast-milk lawsuit
- Six Flags welcoms first seal pup born at park in 8 years
- 7OYS helps woman get refund from alumni company
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan