San Francisco News
Chihuahua airlift from SFO to NY this morning
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Virgin Airlines in San Francisco will be going to the dogs this morning when they airlift Chihuahuas to New York City.
Virgin America, San Francisco Animal Care and Control and the ASPCA have been teaming up since 2010 to send the small dogs to new homes in New York. West Coast animal shelters have an over-population of Chihuahuas while there is a demand for them in New York.
The latest group of Chihuahuas will be given the red carpet treatment when they leave SFO later this morning.
animal, virgin america, san francisco international airport, san francisco news
- Stolen European passports on missing plane
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Rally held in SF to mark anniversary of Japan quake
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 49ers Jim Harbaugh ready for start of free agency
- Missing woman from Benicia found in Alpine County 19 min ago
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward 52 min ago
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case