San Francisco News
One woman killed, one hurt in shooting outside SF nightclub
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The search for a killer is on after one woman was killed and another critically wounded after a shooting outside a San Francisco nightclub. It happened early Sunday morning on Sixth and Jessie streets, where police spent most of the day investigating.
Crime scene investigators spent the early hours of Sunday combing over the parking lot on Jessie St. searching for evidence. It's where one woman was fatally shot and killed. Another woman who was critically wounded was taken to the hospital. Police say it began with a fight.
"Yeah, it appears there was a confrontation that led to a shooting," Officer Gordon Shyy said in a phone interview. "At this point, it's all under investigation,"
Ken Barrows heard the commotion. He lives in an apartment building overlooking the parking lot.
"I heard the arguing," he said. "I mean, it wasn't really that bad. I mean, to me. I don't know, didn't really catch my attention. And then I heard gunshots and that's when I looked out the window."
Barrows and other neighbors say a large crowd left the Sixth St. nightclub, which hosted a hip hop night on Saturday.
"It was the biggest crowd I've ever seen," Barrows said.
The owner told us off camera that he doubted anyone inside his club played a part in the crime.
Police have no suspects, but surveillance cameras surrounding the parking lot maybe helpful.
"No suspects in custody at this point," Officer Shyy said in a phone interview. "I mean, we have our homicide investigators working various leads."
Police are asking the public for any information about this murder. Anyone with information is asked to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or to send a tip by text message to TIP411 with "SFPD" in the message.
violence, shooting, soma, SFPD, san francisco news
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires
- Two hospitalized after acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan 38 min ago
- Local entrepreneur facing domestic violence charges
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley
- Barry Bonds back in Giants uniform as camp coach
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Fremont fires; Crash victim ID'd
- Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
40 min ago
- False hopes dismay in search for missing jet
56 min ago
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop...
38 min ago