San Francisco News
One woman killed, one hurt in shooting outside SF nightclub
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The search for a killer is on after one woman was killed and another critically wounded after a shooting outside a San Francisco nightclub. It happened early Sunday morning on Sixth and Jessie streets, where police spent most of the day investigating.
Crime scene investigators spent the early hours of Sunday combing over the parking lot on Jessie St. searching for evidence. It's where one woman was fatally shot and killed. Another woman who was critically wounded was taken to the hospital. Police say it began with a fight.
"Yeah, it appears there was a confrontation that led to a shooting," Officer Gordon Shyy said in a phone interview. "At this point, it's all under investigation,"
Ken Barrows heard the commotion. He lives in an apartment building overlooking the parking lot.
"I heard the arguing," he said. "I mean, it wasn't really that bad. I mean, to me. I don't know, didn't really catch my attention. And then I heard gunshots and that's when I looked out the window."
Barrows and other neighbors say a large crowd left the Sixth St. nightclub, which hosted a hip hop night on Saturday.
"It was the biggest crowd I've ever seen," Barrows said.
The owner told us off camera that he doubted anyone inside his club played a part in the crime.
Police have no suspects, but surveillance cameras surrounding the parking lot maybe helpful.
"No suspects in custody at this point," Officer Shyy said in a phone interview. "I mean, we have our homicide investigators working various leads."
Police are asking the public for any information about this murder. Anyone with information is asked to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or to send a tip by text message to TIP411 with "SFPD" in the message.
violence, shooting, soma, SFPD, san francisco news
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Fire in Novato damages garage and two cars 20 min ago
- Free health clinics to take place in the Bay Area
- Tri-Valley area could see higher drought rates
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Measuring California's impact from affirmative action ban
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
13 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos