San Francisco News
Lee denies interest in being ambassador to China
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee is denying reports that he's in the running to become the next U.S. ambassador to China.
Lee, who is in China now on a trade mission, is said to be in line to replace Ambassador Gary Locke, who announced this week that he'll be leaving the post.
But according to a spokesperson for the mayor, Lee has no interest in becoming an ambassador and has not been approached about taking the job.
china, ed lee, san francisco news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 45 min ago
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
45 min ago