San Francisco News
Lee denies interest in being ambassador to China
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee is denying reports that he's in the running to become the next U.S. ambassador to China.
Lee, who is in China now on a trade mission, is said to be in line to replace Ambassador Gary Locke, who announced this week that he'll be leaving the post.
But according to a spokesperson for the mayor, Lee has no interest in becoming an ambassador and has not been approached about taking the job.
china, ed lee, san francisco news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City 21 min ago
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- Consumer Reports tests toothbrushes
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident 8 min ago
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies 11 min ago
- Two injured in accident on Almaden Expressway
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Hammer beating; SF "420" crackdown