San Francisco News
Man killed while trying to sell Playstation 4 ID'd
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man who was fatally shot in San Francisco on Sunday after arranging online to sell a PlayStation 4 has been identified by the medical examiner's office as 22-year-old Ikenna Uwakah.
Uwakah, a Daly City resident, was shot at about 3:30 p.m. Sunday near Mendell Street and Hudson Avenue in the city's Bayview District.
Uwakah had agreed to meet with the suspect to sell him the gaming console, but instead the suspect stole it and shot Uwakah while he was still in his car, according to police.
He was taken to San Francisco General Hospital and pronounced dead a short time later, police spokesman Officer Albie Esparza said.
The suspect, described only as a man in his 20s or 30s, had not been found as of this morning, Esparza said.
Anyone with information about the case is encouraged to call the Police Department's homicide detail at (415) 553-1145, the anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411 with "SFPD" in the message.
shooting, bayview hunters point, SFPD, crime, violence, guns, highway 101, chevron, video game, gadgets, internet, websites, san francisco news
- SF firefighters continue to monitor 5-alarm fire
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- NYC building explodes, 11 minor injuries reported 14 min ago
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos