San Francisco News
Arrest made in death of man selling PlayStation
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A suspect has been arrested in connection with the killing of a man who was trying to sell a PlayStation 4 in San Francisco on Sunday, a police spokeswoman said Monday.
Police believe San Francisco resident Ronnie Collins, 21, shot 22-year-old Ikenna Uwakah at about 3:30 p.m. Sunday afternoon. Investigators say the 22-year-old had sold his PlayStation 4 online and went to Mendell Street and Hudson Avenue to get his money from the buyer.
His father says that's when everything went wrong
"Instead of paying for it, he didn't want to pay for it and my son, maybe was demanding his money, so he shot him," Onyebuchi Uwakah said.
The killer ran off without the gaming console.
A source close to the investigation tells ABC7 News that Uwakah's girlfriend was with him in the car but was unharmed.
Uwakah was a student at Santa Monica City College. He was home for the Thanksgiving break and was supposed to return Sunday evening.
Uwakah was the younger among his two siblings.
"Oh, that's my baby child; I can't begin to tell you how much I love him," Onyebuchi Uwakah said.
Uwaka's father says his son was a good young man with a good future.
"He's generally a nice boy; everybody's friendly with him, he's friendly with everybody," Onyebuchi Uwakah said.
shooting, bayview hunters point, SFPD, crime, violence, video game, san francisco news, vic lee
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos