San Francisco News
Arrest made in death of man selling PlayStation
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A suspect has been arrested in connection with the killing of a man who was trying to sell a PlayStation 4 in San Francisco on Sunday, a police spokeswoman said Monday.
Police believe San Francisco resident Ronnie Collins, 21, shot 22-year-old Ikenna Uwakah at about 3:30 p.m. Sunday afternoon. Investigators say the 22-year-old had sold his PlayStation 4 online and went to Mendell Street and Hudson Avenue to get his money from the buyer.
His father says that's when everything went wrong
"Instead of paying for it, he didn't want to pay for it and my son, maybe was demanding his money, so he shot him," Onyebuchi Uwakah said.
The killer ran off without the gaming console.
A source close to the investigation tells ABC7 News that Uwakah's girlfriend was with him in the car but was unharmed.
Uwakah was a student at Santa Monica City College. He was home for the Thanksgiving break and was supposed to return Sunday evening.
Uwakah was the younger among his two siblings.
"Oh, that's my baby child; I can't begin to tell you how much I love him," Onyebuchi Uwakah said.
Uwaka's father says his son was a good young man with a good future.
"He's generally a nice boy; everybody's friendly with him, he's friendly with everybody," Onyebuchi Uwakah said.
shooting, bayview hunters point, SFPD, crime, violence, video game, san francisco news, vic lee
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud 58 min ago
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman 58 min ago
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont 59 min ago
- Mechanic cashes in on SF's high real estate market
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire 58 min ago
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...