San Francisco News
Man killed in San Francisco's Portola District shooting Tuesday
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man was killed in a shooting in San Francisco's Portola neighborhood this morning, a police spokesman said.
The shooting was reported at 10:44 a.m. near Burrows and Holyoke streets.
The victim was pronounced dead at the scene, police spokesman Officer Albie Esparza said.
The shooting prompted the lockdown of nearby E.R. Taylor Elementary School, according to Angie Oropeza, a secretary at the school.
Oropeza said school staff members were told not to let the children go outside but that classes could continue normally.
shooting, violence, san francisco news
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer shooting 56 min ago
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880 38 min ago
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land 12 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer...
56 min ago