San Francisco News
Pedestrian dies after SF Mission District hit-and-run
SAN FRANCISCO -- A pedestrian critically injured in a hit-and-run on Valencia Street in San Francisco early Thursday morning died later that day, according to the medical examiner's office.
The victim, identified as 30-year-old Kurt Dalen, died at San Francisco General Hospital after the 2:45 a.m. collision.
Dalen, a San Francisco resident, was struck by a car as he walked across Valencia Street at Clinton Park, according to police.
The car continued south on Valencia and did not stop after striking him, police spokesman Officer Gordon Shyy said.
Shyy said the car was described as a black or blue four-door sedan that likely has damage to its front passenger side and possibly the windshield.
Police said today that the suspect remains at large.
Anyone with information about the case is encouraged to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or to send a tip by text message to TIP411 with "SFPD" in the message.
mission district, hit and run, pedestrian struck, san francisco news
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 54 min ago
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting 28 min ago
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday