San Francisco News
Pedestrian dies after SF Mission District hit-and-run
SAN FRANCISCO -- A pedestrian critically injured in a hit-and-run on Valencia Street in San Francisco early Thursday morning died later that day, according to the medical examiner's office.
The victim, identified as 30-year-old Kurt Dalen, died at San Francisco General Hospital after the 2:45 a.m. collision.
Dalen, a San Francisco resident, was struck by a car as he walked across Valencia Street at Clinton Park, according to police.
The car continued south on Valencia and did not stop after striking him, police spokesman Officer Gordon Shyy said.
Shyy said the car was described as a black or blue four-door sedan that likely has damage to its front passenger side and possibly the windshield.
Police said today that the suspect remains at large.
Anyone with information about the case is encouraged to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or to send a tip by text message to TIP411 with "SFPD" in the message.
mission district, hit and run, pedestrian struck, san francisco news
- Stolen European passports on missing plane
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Rally held in SF to mark anniversary of Japan quake 10 min ago
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse 33 min ago
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco 35 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks 47 min ago
- One dead after house fire in Oakland
- California criminal behind 3-strikes law arrested 26 min ago
- MasterCard, Visa plan group focused on security 15 min ago
- Man arrested for DUI after injury crash in Russian Hill
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos