San Francisco News
Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man suspected of throwing two cats into San Francisco Bay last week was arrested Friday afternoon, a San Francisco Animal Care and Control spokeswoman said.
Eric Leroy Patterson was arrested around 3:30 p.m. at the Embarcadero Four building in San Francisco in connection with an incident from Nov. 25 near Pier 25 on the Embarcadero, ACC spokeswoman Deb Campbell said.
The animal deaths occurred around 4:20 p.m. on Nov. 25 near Pier 25 when Patterson allegedly grabbed the belongings of a woman walking in the area, ACC officials said.
The woman's two adult cats were in a feline carrier attached to her belongings, which Patterson allegedly threw into the Bay, officials said.
Both cats died in the incident.
Campbell said Patterson allegedly resisted arrested when San Francisco police found him this afternoon after tips came in about the suspect in the incident.
The ACC had released photos and videos of the suspect earlier this week.
He was being booked at the San Francisco County Jail this afternoon, she said.
animal, animals in peril, san francisco bay, crime, san francisco news
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires
- Two hospitalized after acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta 17 min ago
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Local entrepreneur facing domestic violence charges
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Fremont fires; Crash victim ID'd
- Drought prompts officials to release water...
17 min ago