San Francisco News
Make-A-Wish, Macy's team up to help Daly City girl
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A Bay Area girl's quinceanera dream got a boost Friday when Macy's and the Make-A-Wish Foundation gave her the red carpet treatment.
Paola Lomeli-Rodriquez of Daly City is battling salivary gland cancer. Though the 14-year-old is making progress, her cancer remains life-threatening.
And she's been too busy going to treatments, so she couldn't plan for her quinceanera.
On Friday at the Macy's in San Francisco's Union Square, Paola was treated to a lot of love and smiles. She also got a fitting for a dress.
"I don't know how to explain it," Paola said. "Like, it's a very warming feeling that like there's people there who are out there to make other people's days better, you know?"
Macy's "Believe" campaign has raised millions of dollars for the Make-A-Wish Foundation so it can grant wishes to children with life-threatening illnesses, like Paola.
daly city, macy's, cancer, san francisco news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- Senators reach deal extending jobless benefits
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break 52 min ago
- Broken window of high-rise shuts down block in SF
- Car cleared from Caltrain tracks after collision
- Police search for possible shooter, lock down school 34 min ago
- Obama signs memo to strengthen overtime pay rules
- Americans on track to spend $60B on pets this year
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday