San Francisco News
Make-A-Wish, Macy's team up to help Daly City girl
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A Bay Area girl's quinceanera dream got a boost Friday when Macy's and the Make-A-Wish Foundation gave her the red carpet treatment.
Paola Lomeli-Rodriquez of Daly City is battling salivary gland cancer. Though the 14-year-old is making progress, her cancer remains life-threatening.
And she's been too busy going to treatments, so she couldn't plan for her quinceanera.
On Friday at the Macy's in San Francisco's Union Square, Paola was treated to a lot of love and smiles. She also got a fitting for a dress.
"I don't know how to explain it," Paola said. "Like, it's a very warming feeling that like there's people there who are out there to make other people's days better, you know?"
Macy's "Believe" campaign has raised millions of dollars for the Make-A-Wish Foundation so it can grant wishes to children with life-threatening illnesses, like Paola.
daly city, macy's, cancer, san francisco news
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker 25 min ago
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries 28 min ago
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche 14 min ago
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed