San Francisco News
Make-A-Wish, Macy's team up to help Daly City girl
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A Bay Area girl's quinceanera dream got a boost Friday when Macy's and the Make-A-Wish Foundation gave her the red carpet treatment.
Paola Lomeli-Rodriquez of Daly City is battling salivary gland cancer. Though the 14-year-old is making progress, her cancer remains life-threatening.
And she's been too busy going to treatments, so she couldn't plan for her quinceanera.
On Friday at the Macy's in San Francisco's Union Square, Paola was treated to a lot of love and smiles. She also got a fitting for a dress.
"I don't know how to explain it," Paola said. "Like, it's a very warming feeling that like there's people there who are out there to make other people's days better, you know?"
Macy's "Believe" campaign has raised millions of dollars for the Make-A-Wish Foundation so it can grant wishes to children with life-threatening illnesses, like Paola.
daly city, macy's, cancer, san francisco news
- Police search for gunman after officer shot in SF 23 min ago
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Rally held in SF to mark anniversary of Japan quake
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Missing woman from Benicia found in Alpine County
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case