San Francisco News
SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give to Make-A-Wish
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The pint-sized superhero known as the Batkid is inspiring a San Francisco Giants player.
Pitcher Matt Cain has pledged to give $50,000 to the Bay Area Make-A-Wish Foundation, if it can raise an equal amount by Wednesday night.
Cain made his pledge because of five-year-old Miles Scott -- the leukemia patient who won the hearts of many after his crime-fighting escapade in San Francisco last month. So far, Make-A-Wish has raised $20,000.
If you would like to add to that total, click here.
batkid, children, charities, cancer, greg suhr, san francisco news
- Man hit by tour bus on 7th, Mission streets in SF
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- SF burger joint open nearly 50 years about to close
- Sunday marks anniversary of Sierra LaMar's disappearance 10 min ago
- Cause of Mountain View house fire investigated
- High surf advisory issued for Bay Area beaches
- Tax payment scam cost Belmont woman $3,000
- Person stabbed during fight at SF's Dolores Park 41 min ago
- Woman Canadian goalie debuts in men's league 15 min ago
- Campaign to save dog in Arizona mauling case 53 min ago
- Two killed by suspected DUI driver in in Santa Rosa 38 min ago
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in...
29 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos