San Francisco News
SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give to Make-A-Wish
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The pint-sized superhero known as the Batkid is inspiring a San Francisco Giants player.
Pitcher Matt Cain has pledged to give $50,000 to the Bay Area Make-A-Wish Foundation, if it can raise an equal amount by Wednesday night.
Cain made his pledge because of five-year-old Miles Scott -- the leukemia patient who won the hearts of many after his crime-fighting escapade in San Francisco last month. So far, Make-A-Wish has raised $20,000.
If you would like to add to that total, click here.
batkid, children, charities, cancer, greg suhr, san francisco news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos