San Francisco News
SF police ID teen as Silver Terrace shooting victim
SAN FRANCISCO -- A 16-year-old boy has been identified as the victim of a fatal shooting in San Francisco's Silver Terrace neighborhood late Saturday night, according to the medical examiner's office.
Officers responded to a report of a shooting near Alemany Boulevard and southbound Interstate Highway 280 at about 11 p.m., according to San Francisco police.
San Francisco resident Clifton Chatman suffered at least one gunshot wound and was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.
A second shooting victim was taken to a hospital in serious condition.
Investigators had not determined if the shooting was gang related.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or to send a tip by text message to TIP411 with "SFPD" in the message.
crime, violence, shooting, guns, SFPD, I-280, san francisco news
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case