San Francisco News
SF police ID teen as Silver Terrace shooting victim
SAN FRANCISCO -- A 16-year-old boy has been identified as the victim of a fatal shooting in San Francisco's Silver Terrace neighborhood late Saturday night, according to the medical examiner's office.
Officers responded to a report of a shooting near Alemany Boulevard and southbound Interstate Highway 280 at about 11 p.m., according to San Francisco police.
San Francisco resident Clifton Chatman suffered at least one gunshot wound and was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.
A second shooting victim was taken to a hospital in serious condition.
Investigators had not determined if the shooting was gang related.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or to send a tip by text message to TIP411 with "SFPD" in the message.
crime, violence, shooting, guns, SFPD, I-280, san francisco news
- Plane's disappearance result of "deliberate action"
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Death of woman found in home considered homicide
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos