San Francisco News
SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco police are searching for the suspects who stole an ATM machine from outside of a store on the 2200 block of Fillmore Street.
The ATM was bolted in front of the Mayflower Market at Fillmore and Jackson. A witness said he heard yelling and saw two men using a chain to pull the machine out with their van. When that didn't work, they moved on to another plan.
"They knocked it over with the van, the front ended it a couple of times until the machine was over on its side and then pulled the van up to the front, threw the machine in the back and then drove off," said David Perez, witness.
At one point the suspects were on the Bay Bridge trying to get away, once they were at Treasure Island they were spotted by police. The suspects turned around and went the wrong way on the Bay Bridge back into San Francisco. Police did not pursue the suspects on the bridge.
The van was located at 17th and Missouri with the ATM machine inside of it.
Police are hoping surveillance video from nearby businesses will help them find the suspects.
SFPD, crime, san francisco news, amy hollyfield
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect arrested
- One injured in apartment fire near San Jose State
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes 11 min ago
- 'Legends of Candlestick' to return for final game
- Afghanistan hospital guard kills three American doctors
- 2 arrested for murder of pet sitter in East Oakland 26 min ago
- Batteries in baby video monitors recalled
- Brentwood boy to be honored at MLB All-Star game 13 min ago
- Suspected San Jose homicide victim identified 22 min ago
- 5-year-old Oakland boy shot in eye with paintball gun
- Six Flags welcoms first seal pup born at park in 8 years
- Actor dressed as homeless man fools New Yorkers 28 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Muni bus fire; Hiker rescued 33 min ago