San Francisco News
SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco police are searching for the suspects who stole an ATM machine from outside of a store on the 2200 block of Fillmore Street.
The ATM was bolted in front of the Mayflower Market at Fillmore and Jackson. A witness said he heard yelling and saw two men using a chain to pull the machine out with their van. When that didn't work, they moved on to another plan.
"They knocked it over with the van, the front ended it a couple of times until the machine was over on its side and then pulled the van up to the front, threw the machine in the back and then drove off," said David Perez, witness.
At one point the suspects were on the Bay Bridge trying to get away, once they were at Treasure Island they were spotted by police. The suspects turned around and went the wrong way on the Bay Bridge back into San Francisco. Police did not pursue the suspects on the bridge.
The van was located at 17th and Missouri with the ATM machine inside of it.
Police are hoping surveillance video from nearby businesses will help them find the suspects.
SFPD, crime, san francisco news, amy hollyfield
- San Jose police officer arrested for sexual assault 5 min ago
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers 42 min ago
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
59 min ago