San Francisco News
SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle
SAN FRANCISCO -- Firefighters battled a one-alarm blaze at a three-story structure near the Panhandle in San Francisco this morning, according to a fire dispatcher.
The fire was reported at 3:58 a.m. on Divisadero Street, between Oak and Page Streets, the dispatcher said.
The blaze was located toward the rear of a wooden building and was brought under control by firefighters at about 5 a.m., fire officials said.
Firefighters remain on the scene and motorists are advised to avoid the intersection.
No injuries have been reported and the cause of the fire remains under investigation, according to fire officials.
sffd, fire, san francisco news
- Wounded police officer back in surgery 55 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing 3 min ago
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Warriors give Oakland High School students 3D printer 1 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire 56 min ago
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
3 min ago