San Francisco News
Bed donated to ABC7's Give Where You Live winner
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- ABC7 News' Give Where You Live campaign keeps on giving.
On Thursday night we introduced you to Jander Yat, winner of our Give Where You Live campaign which raised $75,000 for local food banks. Viewers who pledged to help also got a chance to win $7,000.
Yat has his 8-year-old son Tyler to thank for winning that money.
"I was checking Facebook and I saw this contest and I was thinking that my dad should enter, so we could get new stuff," said Tyler.
Yat said he would use part of the $7,000 to buy a bed for his young son.
A viewer saw the story and was so moved that he donated a bed so that Jander could buy gifts for his family instead.
And you can still give where you live. Here are a list of Bay Area food banks that could use your help.
food, hunger, charities, facebook, san francisco news
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley 23 min ago
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Fire in Novato damages garage and two cars
- Scientists locate shipwreck in San Francisco Bay
- Free health clinic in SF and Oakland this week 56 min ago
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall 24 min ago
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Measuring California's impact from affirmative action ban
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos