San Francisco News
Bed donated to ABC7's Give Where You Live winner
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- ABC7 News' Give Where You Live campaign keeps on giving.
On Thursday night we introduced you to Jander Yat, winner of our Give Where You Live campaign which raised $75,000 for local food banks. Viewers who pledged to help also got a chance to win $7,000.
Yat has his 8-year-old son Tyler to thank for winning that money.
"I was checking Facebook and I saw this contest and I was thinking that my dad should enter, so we could get new stuff," said Tyler.
Yat said he would use part of the $7,000 to buy a bed for his young son.
A viewer saw the story and was so moved that he donated a bed so that Jander could buy gifts for his family instead.
And you can still give where you live. Here are a list of Bay Area food banks that could use your help.
food, hunger, charities, facebook, san francisco news
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos