San Francisco News
Bed donated to ABC7's Give Where You Live winner
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- ABC7 News' Give Where You Live campaign keeps on giving.
On Thursday night we introduced you to Jander Yat, winner of our Give Where You Live campaign which raised $75,000 for local food banks. Viewers who pledged to help also got a chance to win $7,000.
Yat has his 8-year-old son Tyler to thank for winning that money.
"I was checking Facebook and I saw this contest and I was thinking that my dad should enter, so we could get new stuff," said Tyler.
Yat said he would use part of the $7,000 to buy a bed for his young son.
A viewer saw the story and was so moved that he donated a bed so that Jander could buy gifts for his family instead.
And you can still give where you live. Here are a list of Bay Area food banks that could use your help.
food, hunger, charities, facebook, san francisco news
- Search for missing jetliner now includes 25 countries
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Crimea votes on whether to secede from Ukraine 18 min ago
- Officials investigate cause of house fire 35 min ago
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday 4 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos