San Francisco News
SF police seek witnesses in fatal Japantown shooting
SAN FRANCISCO -- Police in San Francisco are searching for witnesses to a shooting near Japantown that left a man dead early Sunday morning, a police spokeswoman said.
At about 1:45 a.m., people were exiting a nightclub in the 1800 block of Post Street, between Fillmore and Webster streets, San Francisco police Sgt. Danielle Newman said.
Police say 36-year-old David Gilford from Modesto was shot and killed while standing on the sidewalk.
He was taken to the hospital with at least one gunshot wound, but did not survive.
No information about a possible suspect was immediately available, Newman said.
Investigators were canvassing the neighborhood searching for witnesses.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or to send a tip by text message to TIP411 with "SFPD" in the message.
crime, shooting, pacific heights, japantown, san francisco news
- Police make arrest after officer shot in San Francisco 3 min ago
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at SoCal school
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Thousands protest ahead of Fukushima anniversary
- Gas prices may jump from California emissions law
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack 15 min ago
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Police make arrest after officer shot in...
3 min ago
- Footage examined to ID two with stolen...
49 min ago