San Francisco News
Pedestrian fatally struck by vehicle in SF's SoMa neighborhood
SAN FRANCISCO -- A vehicle in San Francisco's South of Market district fatally struck a pedestrian early Sunday morning, according to the California Highway Patrol.
At about 2:35 a.m. the CHP received a report of a pedestrian who had been struck near the Fourth Street on-ramp to westbound Interstate Highway 80, the CHP said.
The pedestrian died at the scene and the driver of the vehicle cooperated with the investigation, according to the CHP.
The cause of the collision remains under investigation and the name of the deceased pedestrian has not yet been released, the CHP said.
pedestrian struck, soma, san francisco news
- Mudslide causes trees on power lines in Piedmont
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Sonoma County fire burns garage and cars
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 41 min ago
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
21 min ago