San Francisco News
Pedestrian fatally struck by vehicle in SF's SoMa neighborhood
SAN FRANCISCO -- A vehicle in San Francisco's South of Market district fatally struck a pedestrian early Sunday morning, according to the California Highway Patrol.
At about 2:35 a.m. the CHP received a report of a pedestrian who had been struck near the Fourth Street on-ramp to westbound Interstate Highway 80, the CHP said.
The pedestrian died at the scene and the driver of the vehicle cooperated with the investigation, according to the CHP.
The cause of the collision remains under investigation and the name of the deceased pedestrian has not yet been released, the CHP said.
pedestrian struck, soma, san francisco news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos