San Francisco News
Victim of shooting in SF's Japantown identified
SAN FRANCISCO -- A 36-year-old man who was fatally shot Sunday morning near San Francisco's Japantown has been identified as David Gilford, of Modesto, according to the San Francisco medical examiner's office.
Gilford was in a crowd of people coming out of a nightclub in the 1800 block of Post Street at about 1:45 a.m. when the shooting occurred, San Francisco police Sgt. Danielle Newman said.
Gilford was shot as he stood on the sidewalk, Newman said. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
No information about a possible suspect was immediately available, Newman said.
Investigators were canvassing the neighborhood on Sunday in a search for witnesses.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or to send a tip by text message to TIP411 with "SFPD" in the message.
crime, shooting, pacific heights, japantown, san francisco news
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire