San Francisco News
Pedestrian struck, killed by pickup in San Francisco
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A pedestrian was just killed in San Francisco. It is the second serious crash between a car and pedestrian on Tuesday, as people hit the streets for New Year's Eve.
In this latest accident, the man was hit by a pickup truck at Naples and Rolph Streets in the Crocker-Amazon neighborhood.
Police tell us the pickup's driver stayed at the scene and that person is cooperating with investigators. No word yet on who was at fault.
Earlier on Tuesday a car hit a person in San Francisco and then left. A woman broke several bones after being struck at Turk and Leavenworth Streets. Police later arrested the driver on suspicion of hit and run.
Witnesses say the driver may have run a red light before driving away from the scene.
pedestrian struck, new year's eve, san francisco news
- Child thrown from apartment fire in Hayward 31 min ago
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Two injured in two-alarm fire in San Jose 15 min ago
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos