San Francisco News
7th suspect arrested in 2010 German tourist killing in SF
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A seventh suspect now faces charges in the shooting death of a German tourist in San Francisco nearly four years ago.
U.S. marshals arrested 21-year-old Devante Laws in Hayward on Thursday in connection with the death of Mechthild Schroer.
Mechthild was visiting the U.S. with her husband Stefan in August 2010 to celebrate her birthday and anniversary when she was hit by a stray bullet during a shootout among rival gang members near Union Square.
Two teens were also hit by the gunfire but survived. Police say none of the three victims were the intended targets.
Six other gang suspects have been charged with murder in the case.
Police say the men were fighting when at least one person opened fire.
(Bay City News contributed to this report)
crime, shooting, tourism, murder, trials, union square, san francisco news
- Crews demolishing building in massive Mission Bay fire 6 min ago
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Malaysia: No engine data after plane went missing 25 min ago
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- SFPD SWAT in standoff with shooting suspect 1 min ago
- Report: DNA on SJ cop's vest in rape investigation
- Parents rally after assaults at elementary schools
- Recall issued for Fitbit Force over skin problems
- Man accused of shooting SF police officer facing assault charges
- No fault in how Children's Hospital handled gir's surgeries
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- Florida police give 'ticket' to 2-year-old driver
- roundup: Fatal motorcycle accident; Watsonville...
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
21 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos