San Francisco News
SFFD puts out two-alarm Mission District fire
SAN FRANCISCO -- A firefighter was taken to a hospital after suffering minor injuries while responding to a two-alarm fire in San Francisco's Mission District this morning, a fire dispatcher said.
The fire was reported in the 1400 block of Stevenson Street at about 6 a.m. It has since been controlled but as of 7:30 a.m. firefighters remained at the scene.
The firefighter was injured when he fell about 6 to 10 feet at the scene of the blaze, the dispatcher said.
sffd, fire, mission district, san francisco news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- Stanford grad wins big deal on "Shark Tank"
40 min ago