San Francisco News
Woman hit by gunfire during SF Hunters Point shooting
SAN FRANCISCO -- A woman was injured by gunfire in San Francisco's Hunters Point neighborhood Saturday morning, a police spokesman said.
The victim was walking on Harbor Road just before 7:30 a.m. when she heard a loud argument between two groups of people followed by gunshots, San Francisco police spokesman Albie Esparza said.
The woman felt pain in her lower body and realized she had been shot, according to the spokesman.
She was taken to San Francisco General Hospital to be treated for a graze wound that is not considered life-threatening, Esparza said.
The shooting is under investigation and anyone with information about the suspects is asked to call San Francisco police.
Callers may provide anonymous tips to police by calling (415) 575-4444 or by sending a text message to TIP411.
hunters point, shooting, crime, violence, guns, san francisco news
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- US approves California's new K-12 testing plan
- Ukraine may turn to UN General Assembly
- Fire that injured 2 under investigation in SJ
- Lockdown lifted at Monterey Peninsula College
- Blind man survives getting run over by train
- Wing cracks lead to Dreamliner production delay
- Woman killed when gun in donated clothes fires
- Danville teen killed in Highway 24 crash identified
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday