San Francisco News
Woman hit by gunfire during SF Hunters Point shooting
SAN FRANCISCO -- A woman was injured by gunfire in San Francisco's Hunters Point neighborhood Saturday morning, a police spokesman said.
The victim was walking on Harbor Road just before 7:30 a.m. when she heard a loud argument between two groups of people followed by gunshots, San Francisco police spokesman Albie Esparza said.
The woman felt pain in her lower body and realized she had been shot, according to the spokesman.
She was taken to San Francisco General Hospital to be treated for a graze wound that is not considered life-threatening, Esparza said.
The shooting is under investigation and anyone with information about the suspects is asked to call San Francisco police.
Callers may provide anonymous tips to police by calling (415) 575-4444 or by sending a text message to TIP411.
hunters point, shooting, crime, violence, guns, san francisco news
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang 6 min ago
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- San Jose Sharks holding rally to kick off playoff run
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos