San Francisco News
Presidio Trust denies George Lucas' Crissy Field project
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- It looks like "Star Wars" creator George Lucas won't get to build a museum near San Francisco's Crissy Field.
Monday afternoon, the Presidio Trust voted down three proposals to develop the eight acre site.
The waterfront property is currently occupied by The Sports Basement store.
Other groups wanted to build a cultural center and an environmental institute.
The Presidio Trust plans to offer Lucas another site near the Presidio's main post to build his museum.
crissy field, construction, museums, presidio, san francisco news
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt 2 min ago
- Tri-Valley area could see higher drought rates
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Homicide suspected after body found in San Jose
- Measuring California's impact from affirmative action ban
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- 7OYS explains how to get free car inspections
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Suspected San Jose homicide; Warriors Arena
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos