San Francisco News
Presidio Trust denies George Lucas' Crissy Field project
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- It looks like "Star Wars" creator George Lucas won't get to build a museum near San Francisco's Crissy Field.
Monday afternoon, the Presidio Trust voted down three proposals to develop the eight acre site.
The waterfront property is currently occupied by The Sports Basement store.
Other groups wanted to build a cultural center and an environmental institute.
The Presidio Trust plans to offer Lucas another site near the Presidio's main post to build his museum.
crissy field, construction, museums, presidio, san francisco news
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case