San Francisco News
Presidio Trust denies George Lucas' Crissy Field project
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- It looks like "Star Wars" creator George Lucas won't get to build a museum near San Francisco's Crissy Field.
Monday afternoon, the Presidio Trust voted down three proposals to develop the eight acre site.
The waterfront property is currently occupied by The Sports Basement store.
Other groups wanted to build a cultural center and an environmental institute.
The Presidio Trust plans to offer Lucas another site near the Presidio's main post to build his museum.
crissy field, construction, museums, presidio, san francisco news
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday