San Francisco News
Elderly woman facing charges after fatal accident
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The driver who hit and killed a pedestrian in San Francisco's Sunset District Tuesday is now facing charges.
Jenny Ching, 71, was arrested for vehicular manslaughter and failing to yield to a pedestrian, then released.
Police say Ching hit a 78-year-old man near Yorba Street and Sunset Boulevard. He was hit with such force, he went through the windshield.
Ching and two passengers suffered minor injuries but are expected to recover.
pedestrian struck, SFPD, sffd, sunset district, san francisco news
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos