San Francisco News
Man critically injured in baseball attack in SF's Parkside
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man was critically injured when he was attacked with a baseball bat in San Francisco's Parkside neighborhood on Tuesday afternoon, police said Wednesday.
The attack was reported at about 2 p.m. in the 2400 block of Taraval Street, where the 39-year-old victim was struck multiple times in the head and arms, according to police.
The suspect, a man believed to be around 40 years old, fled after the attack and had not been found as of this morning, police said.
The victim was taken to the hospital to be treated for life-threatening injuries, according to police.
Anyone with information about the attack is asked to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411.
crime, violence, san francisco news
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree 13 min ago
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire