San Francisco News
3 SF shooting suspects caught in Mountain View
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Saturday afternoon there was a high speed chase and manhunt on the peninsula. Three suspects believed to be involved in a San Francisco shooting, that took place on Friday, were arrested in Mountain View.
The car the suspects were driving was a Toyota that had its front grill smashed in and it came to a stop along Highway 101, across the street from Moffett Field.
Around 3:30 p.m. police say the Toyota backed intro a San Francisco patrol car on Ordway Street near Girard Street in San Francisco. The police car lost its front grill and the airbags did deploy, but the two officers in the car were not hurt.
Police had been following the Toyota in the Bayview because it matched the description of a vehicle involved in a shooting that occurred on Friday at Golden Gate Avenue and Fillmore in San Francisco.
After the impact on Ordway, the Toyota with the three suspects inside took off. The chase went southbound on Highway 101 with San Francisco police in pursuit. They lost the car at Oyster Point and that's when the CHP picked up the chase through San Mateo County. The CHP eventually called it off because of the weather and pooling in the road.
The suspects' car also collided with another car on Highway 101. No one was hurt but the three suspects inside then bolted in the area of Leong Drive in Mountain View and they were eventually caught. At least two of the suspects are minors, they were all taken into custody and at this point police appear to be investigating what they are calling an assault on a police officer.
SFPD, police chase, bayview hunters point, mountain view, san francisco news
- Wounded San Francisco police officer back in surgery 1 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery 16 min ago
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil' 29 min ago
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case 43 min ago
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Local entrepreneur facing domestic violence charges
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Fremont fires; Crash victim ID'd
- Officials investigating acid spill at...
16 min ago