San Francisco News
Doggie Diner heads remounted after being restored
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Doggie Diner heads are getting a lot of love in San Francisco these days. This morning, workers from the department of public works hoisted this iconic dog head back on its pedestal near the San Francisco Zoo.
A celebration is planned for Valentine's Day. And guess what will be there? Three more doggie diner heads.
A Kickstarter campaign raised $51,000 to restore that trio of fiberglass dog heads.
For decades, they stood guard outside Doggie Diner restaurants, which have since closed down.
restaurants, fundraiser, san francisco news
- San Jose police officer arrested for sexual assault
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday