San Francisco News
Driver arrested after fatal pedestrian accident in SF
SAN FRANCISCO -- The driver involved in a crash that killed a pedestrian in San Francisco's Pacific Heights neighborhood this morning has been arrested, police said.
Officers responded to a report of a crash in the area of Van Ness and Pacific avenues at about 12:55 a.m., Officer Gordon Shyy said.
When officers arrived, they found a person on the roadway, according to Shyy.
The pedestrian, whose name has not yet been released, was pronounced dead at the scene, he said.
Investigators learned that the driver began to walk away from the scene, heading west on Pacific Avenue, after the crash, according to Shyy.
Shyy said when officers arrived at the scene, witnesses pointed the driver out and he was detained.
He was later arrested for felony vehicular manslaughter and felony hit and run.
Police have not yet released the name of the driver.
pedestrian struck, pacific heights, sffd, SFPD, san francisco news
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California 32 min ago
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires 29 min ago
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Little progress made in search for missing...
48 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos