San Francisco News
Two injured in two-alarm apartment fire near SFSU
SAN FRANCISCO -- Two people were injured in a blaze in a sixth-floor San Francisco apartment near San Francisco State University that firefighters have now placed under control this morning, a dispatcher said.
Crews responded to a report of a fire at an apartment building at 12:22 a.m. in the first block of Cambon Drive, the dispatcher said.
The fire had reached a second alarm response but crews were able to put the fire out at about 12:50 a.m., according to the dispatcher.
The dispatcher said two people were transported to a hospital for injuries suffered in the blaze but did not say their conditions.
Residents in floors above the fire were advised to shelter in place while residents in the sixth-floor units were evacuated as crews battled the fire.
Further details were not immediately available.
sffd, SFSU, fire, san francisco news
- Suspect in San Francisco police shooting arrested 46 min ago
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85 59 min ago
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at SoCal school 50 min ago
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gas prices may jump from California emissions law
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Suspect in San Francisco police shooting...
46 min ago
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at...
50 min ago