San Francisco News
Two injured in two-alarm apartment fire near SFSU
SAN FRANCISCO -- Two people were injured in a blaze in a sixth-floor San Francisco apartment near San Francisco State University that firefighters have now placed under control this morning, a dispatcher said.
Crews responded to a report of a fire at an apartment building at 12:22 a.m. in the first block of Cambon Drive, the dispatcher said.
The fire had reached a second alarm response but crews were able to put the fire out at about 12:50 a.m., according to the dispatcher.
The dispatcher said two people were transported to a hospital for injuries suffered in the blaze but did not say their conditions.
Residents in floors above the fire were advised to shelter in place while residents in the sixth-floor units were evacuated as crews battled the fire.
Further details were not immediately available.
sffd, SFSU, fire, san francisco news
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 2 dead
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos