San Francisco News
Cal Academy penguins get early Valentine's Day treat
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Some love birds enjoyed an early Valentine's Day treat in San Francisco Thursday morning.
A biologist passed out heart-shaped valentines to the African penguins at the California Academy of Sciences in Golden Gate Park.
Visitors wrote messages of love on the valentines.
The penguins usually take the valentines back to their nests and that often encourages couples to breed.
Those valentines will eventually get used as nesting material.
golden gate park, california academy of sciences, animal, valentine's day, san francisco news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos