San Francisco News
Cal Academy penguins get early Valentine's Day treat
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Some love birds enjoyed an early Valentine's Day treat in San Francisco Thursday morning.
A biologist passed out heart-shaped valentines to the African penguins at the California Academy of Sciences in Golden Gate Park.
Visitors wrote messages of love on the valentines.
The penguins usually take the valentines back to their nests and that often encourages couples to breed.
Those valentines will eventually get used as nesting material.
golden gate park, california academy of sciences, animal, valentine's day, san francisco news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Investigators reconstruct bus crash in California
- Another woman reported missing on Mt. Tam
- San Leandro High teacher arrested for sex with minor
- Sunnyvale's 'Blue Cube' gets torn down 37 min ago
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Crews placing grass at 49ers' Levi's Stadium
- Hydrants painted to mark contributions to 1906 fires
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed 49 min ago