San Francisco News
Cal Academy penguins get early Valentine's Day treat
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Some love birds enjoyed an early Valentine's Day treat in San Francisco Thursday morning.
A biologist passed out heart-shaped valentines to the African penguins at the California Academy of Sciences in Golden Gate Park.
Visitors wrote messages of love on the valentines.
The penguins usually take the valentines back to their nests and that often encourages couples to breed.
Those valentines will eventually get used as nesting material.
golden gate park, california academy of sciences, animal, valentine's day, san francisco news
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
30 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos