San Francisco News
3,000 valentines sent to veterans at VA hospital
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- There was a special early Valentine's Day at the San Francisco VA Medical Center on Thursday.
San Mateo County students sent more than 3,000 valentines to veterans.
Rep. Jackie Speier, D-San Mateo, was behind the outpouring of support.
She says she was inspired by columnist Ann Landers who encouraged her readers to send cards to veterans every Valentine's Day.
valentine's day, veterans, jackie speier, san francisco news
- San Jose police officer arrested for sexual assault
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday