San Francisco News
3,000 valentines sent to veterans at VA hospital
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- There was a special early Valentine's Day at the San Francisco VA Medical Center on Thursday.
San Mateo County students sent more than 3,000 valentines to veterans.
Rep. Jackie Speier, D-San Mateo, was behind the outpouring of support.
She says she was inspired by columnist Ann Landers who encouraged her readers to send cards to veterans every Valentine's Day.
valentine's day, veterans, jackie speier, san francisco news
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley 8 min ago
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Fire in Novato damages garage and two cars
- Scientists locate shipwreck in San Francisco Bay
- Free health clinic in SF and Oakland this week 41 min ago
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall 9 min ago
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Measuring California's impact from affirmative action ban
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos