San Francisco News
Motorcyclist dies after falling off freeway onramp in SF
SAN FRANCISCO -- A motorcyclist has died after falling about 30 feet while getting onto southbound U.S. Highway 101 in San Francisco Saturday morning, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The rider, whose name has not yet been released, was entering southbound Highway 101 at 10th Street at about 2 a.m. when, for unknown reasons, he was ejected from the bike, the CHP said.
The CHP said the bike remained on the roadway while the rider fell about 30 feet down to the roadway below the on-ramp.
The crash was cleared from the roadway around 3:15 a.m. Further details were not immediately available.
highway 101, crash, san francisco news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested 49 min ago
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash 30 min ago
- Immigration detainees continue hunger strike
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal 19 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer...
49 min ago
- Little progress made in search for missing...
33 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos