San Francisco News
Motorcyclist dies after falling off freeway onramp in SF
SAN FRANCISCO -- A motorcyclist has died after falling about 30 feet while getting onto southbound U.S. Highway 101 in San Francisco Saturday morning, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The rider, whose name has not yet been released, was entering southbound Highway 101 at 10th Street at about 2 a.m. when, for unknown reasons, he was ejected from the bike, the CHP said.
The CHP said the bike remained on the roadway while the rider fell about 30 feet down to the roadway below the on-ramp.
The crash was cleared from the roadway around 3:15 a.m. Further details were not immediately available.
highway 101, crash, san francisco news
- 4.4 earthquake strikes Southern California
- Obama announces sanctions on Russian officials 44 min ago
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Female pedestrian fatally struck in Concord
- CHP reopens two lanes of WB I-80 in SF
- EU mulling next steps against Russia over Ukraine
- GM recalls 1.18 million SUVs for air bag problem 10 min ago
- Jet search expands north, south; mystery persists 40 min ago
- Marijuana grow found at San Jose house fire
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos